KAT Raiders Youth Football & Cheerleading
Ages- 8 and 9
Weight limits- 110lbs; Unlimited with striper
Head Coach- John Wright (432-3877)
ASST Coach- Steve
ASST Coach - Aaron
ASST Coach - Ray
1. PLEASE SHOW UP FOR PRACTICE ON TIME
2. PLEASE HAVE YOUR PLAYERS WEAR APPROPRIATE CLOTHING/EQUIPMENT:
- T-SHIRT UNDER SHOULDER PAD
- PRACTICE JERSEY/TSHIRT OVER SHOULDER PADS
- PRACTICE PANTS, WITH PADS INCLUDING CUP
3. IF YOU BRING OR PURCHASE ITEMS FROM TRAILER, PLEASE PICK UP AFTER YOURSELF/YOUR CHILD AFTER EVERY PRACTICE
4. PLAYERS MUST ASK FOR PERMISSION FROM THEIR COACHES BEFORE LEAVING PRACTICES .
5. WE ENCOURAGE ALL PARENTS TO WATCH YOUR CHILDRENS PRACTICE, FROM A DISTANCE AND ASK THAT PARENTS ALLOW US TO COACH, INTERRUPTIONS DURING PRACTICE CAUSE DISTRACTIONS FOR THE PLAYERS AND COACHES.
6. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE COACHES BEFORE OR AFTER ANY PRACTICE, PLEASE DO NOT INTERRUPT PRACTICE IF POSSIBLE.
7. IF YOUR PLAYER HAS ANY ALLERGIES PLEASE NOTIFY US ASAP
8. IF YOUR PLAYER CAN NOT ATTEND A PRACTICE OR A GAME, PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR HEAD COACH ASAP
9. IF PRACTICE IS CANCELLED WE WILL CONTACT PARENTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, PLEASE GIVE US A CURRENT CONTACT NUMBER, CELL PHONES ARE GREAT FOR THE TEAM MOM'S/COACHES TO TEXT.
10. WE WILL NOT HAVE PARENT MEETINGS PERIODICALLY AND ASK THAT YOU COMMUNICATE ANY ISSUES OR CONCERNS DIRECTLY TO YOUR TEAM MOM. ANY CORRESPONDENCE/UPCOMING ISSUES WILL BE RELATED TO YOUR PLAYER AND HANDOUTS WILL BE GIVEN WHEN NECESSARY (FOR OUR YOUNGER PLAYERS VERBAL COMMUNICATION IS DIRECTED STRAIGHT TO THE PARENTS)
Ages- 5,6 and 7
Weight limits- 90lbs;
Head Coach - Dennis Jasin (939-8433)
ASST Coach - John
ASST Coach - AJ
ASST Coach - Jamar
ASST Coach- Darvel
ASST Coach- Matt
Team Mom -
Ages- 10 and 11
Weight limits- 135lbs; Unlimited with striper
Head Coach- Will Turner
ASST Coach- Frank
ASST Coach- Dave
ASST Coach- Mike
ASST Coach- Carl
ASST Coach- James
Ages- 12, 13 and 14
Weight limits- 160lbs; Unlimited with striper
Head Coach- Miguel
ASST Coach- Kevin
ASST Coach - Andre
ASST Coach -
What is a Striper?
A striper is a Player who was unable to make the agreed Weight limit for their age group. Instead of Making the Child move up and play against older players he will be designated as a striper.
In order to help protect the smaller member of an age group the striper has strict rules he must follow.
a) Striper players’ helmets will be marked with a distinct “STRIPER” decal as provided by NEYSA to be placed on the front and back of the helmet.
b) only a maximum of 3 stripers are allowed on the field at any one time.
c) Striper players are not allowed to advance the ball on defense, offense or special teams. Should a striper player obtain possession of the ball, the play will be blown dead at the spot of possession.
d) Striper players are allowed to play on the offensive and/or defensive line only. Striper players may not play in a two (2) point stance.
e) Striper players are not allowed on kickoff or kick receive teams.
f ) Striper players are not eligible for a pass, regardless of the formation.
g) Striper players may only line up and play between and including the offensive tackles on offense or inside the last man on the offensive line (excluding split/wide receivers).